Get a Grip!

I was so completely inspired by this photo when I saw it. For several reasons, but we'll get to that in a minute. It came from The Awesome Summer Journal, a blog by a woman who lives freakishly close to where I live. Weird! And it makes it extra fun to read her blog because I know all the streets she's talking about, and restaurants and all that. This picture was taken on the Hawthorne Bridge. See more here.

But the reason that this picture really inspired me is this: I get so bogged down with teaching and how demanding it is and how tired Joel and I always are by the time we get off of work that I don't even take advantage of this amazing city I'm living in. My first thought upon seeing this photo? What's the point of living so close to everything if you don't even bother to get out and walk around? Exactly. So, if there's one good thing about being sick, it's that by the time you're well enough to sit up and think a little bit, you discover a sliver of time that didn't exist before and you use it to get new perspective on life. Maybe that's why I get sick so frequently. I need more perspective. Huh. Well, anyway, I would like to enjoy my life more than I do, and I'd also rather not be so rushed and overwhelmed the majority of the time.

I think I will make a list.

Comments

  1. Isn't her blog rad? It makes me miss Portland.

    Thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely rad! It makes me want to quit teaching and work at Starbucks in the name of having more time and energy to expend on art and beauty. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for the big smiles :), and I'm glad my photos could inspire you. I'm prone to those same slumps and find that a good walk around town with camera in one hand and iced tea in the other is the perfect remedy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment